Friday, July 3, 2009

Another day at the library

I woke up this morning to a slight breeze blowing through the window and the sun shining. After getting cleaned up for the day, I put on capris and a white shirt and headed downstairs for breakfast of toast with Nutella and a banana. Alegra came in and greedily attacked her water bowl while Petra changed for work. We were off with time to spare and Petra and I discussed 4th of July plans in the car. She had offered to do a barbecue, but it seemed that no one else in the group wanted to do that, so we decided to postpone that until some evening next week when Benny is here. Petra dropped me off at her shop and I walked to catch the train. After taking the bus from Pasing, I arrived at the library with a few minutes to spare, so I watched the ducks around the lake.

I spent the morning working on writing up the last bit of the science unit and fine tuning some other sections of my paper. I also had a few minutes to do a bit of job research; nothing promising, but at least I'm trying. I found some new resources to use in my math unit, as well as some information to add to the rationale of my paper, so that was helpful. We went to lunch at 12:30 and again were able to sit on the patio. Lunch today was a German version of macaroni and cheese with homemade french fried onions on top, and a side salad. Tiffany did not want her salad, so I ate hers as well as mine. (It made me feel better about not having any veggies to speak of yesterday.) Lyme and Shea ordered alfredos after lunch, but I just enjoyed the conversation. Petra and Johahn joined us for lunch today, so that was fun. Johahn leaves tomorrow for his family holiday to Spain for two weeks. Since he is the Spanish language expert at the library, he prefers to take his vacations to Spanish speaking countries. I was hoping that he would be here when Benny arrived, since Benny would enjoy his perspective on history, but no such luck. After lunch, Mary and I went to the locker area to refill our water bottles and chat for a few minutes before getting back to work.

I spent the afternoon narrowing down pages I wanted to copy (it's .20 E a page to copy, so I'm trying not to copy too much) and reading some more of the books that I can't take out of the library. I continued finding some online secondary literature sources using some of the online journals through ASU, as well as filling in some holes in my math unit outline. I made my to do list for tomorrow, since I'm going to spend tomorrow morning working on my paper. My goal is to finish and submit the rough draft of my paper by Sunday evening, so that I can spend Monday picking up Benny from the airport, getting settled at the house and acquainted with the neighborhood, etc. The rain began falling around 3:00 at the library (the picture here is before the rain came) and continued all the way until I got back to the house (so I didn't get to take a picture of the bakery).

The cat is currently lounging on my bed as I listen to NPR and browse some various other blogs. I'll spend the rest of the evening working on draft one of my math unit and perhaps visiting with Petra and Petra during girls night before getting into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment